Essentially, a social media strategy is a statement on how your organization will use social media to achieve a certain goal. It is part of a company's overall business and communications plans and is something that can be realistically implemented.
To create one, keep these things in mind:
- your ultimate aim (what do you want to do and why?)
- your community/audience
- the resources at your disposal to reach these people (staffing, budget, etc.)
- the platforms you intend to utilize (not all are appropriate for every one and you don't want to spread yourself out too thin)li>
- the time you're willing to invest
- how you intend to measure results
You should also include a crisis management component for negative feedback, since reputation management is vital to social media marketing success.Note that a strategy (the big picture) is not the same as a social media plan (the steps you will take to execute your strategy.
What's YOUR social media strategy? Leave us a comment below.
Photo courtesy of Pixabay.